By developing the proper foundation we can build a successful and meaningful life.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Being Productive

10 simple tips on being productive everyday

1) find the right calendar for you. You may not be able to get there right away, but the most successful people are the most productive with their time. I plan my day in 30 minute increments. Also build some flexibility into that calendar it will take some time to learn how to adjust on the fly. I prefer using my iphone and MAC computer over a paper calendar, but find out what works for you.

2) Start your day out right- Sometimes starting your day out right is really ending your day right. I know that when I take ten minutes and organize my first two hour for the next day before I go to bed I am always less likely to hit the snooze. Also review your dreams and goals before you go to bed, this will help you wake up excited instead of wanting to roll back over and sleep through the day.

3) Stay on task- If you are constantly making a checklist and checking items off of that list you will be reinforcing your productivity and will gain momentum throughout the day.

4) Always do the most difficult things and the things that you like to do least first. You will feel much better about your day if you get the dreaded items completed immediately.

5) Take time every few hours to remember why you are doing what you are doing. My wife and I have some big goals, but being a go getter its easy to get caught up in what I am doing and to forget why I am doing it. If I remember why I am doing it I will always find ways to be more productive.

6) Find balance- Always find time for physical activity and personal growth everyday no matter what. Its a mandatory, if you stay healthy you will be more productive long term.

7) Look for ways to serve other people- you might be asking yourself how this helps with productivity? well if you take a small amount of time every day to do something nice for someone else when you need the help of others it will be there. Now I am not saying this is the reason to serve others. You should do things for others because it will make you feel better about yourself and most importantly ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO!

8) Be organized- not just with a calendar, but with your finances. The person who learns to manage their finances the best will be the least stressed and will be more productive. They will also have less hiccups happen during the day that pull them away from their productive schedule.

9) Prioritize- If someone else is willing to do it and they are capable then why are you doing it. Focus your energy efforts and time on something that is within your strengths.

10) Leave a comment and let us know some things that you do to stay productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment