By developing the proper foundation we can build a successful and meaningful life.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Book in the Works

I decided today that I am going to start my first book. The title popped into my head today. That happens from time to time and you can call it what you want. I prefer to call it a divine inspiration, but the bottom line is I've learned to listen to it. It never leads me wrong and is typically for a greater purpose that is not fully revealed to me until a later date. The book title... SUSPENSE- well I can't say right now because someone else will take it. it's that good. What I cal tell you is that it will be a story of a potion of my life. I am 28 years old and blessed in many ways. I got into a fast track corporate route when I was 19 years old with a semester of college under my belt. I prove the definition of success. the definition I like most is success= when opportunity and preparedness meet. I was managing a country club at the time. I was an UNMATCHED work ethic, I still do. Champions are recognized in the ring, but they are made in their daily efforts. One of the members was starting a junior sales position and didn't realize I was 19 (I looked 22). Obviously they found out my age immediately, but the impression I made up until that point super-ceded my age. I quickly became an Account Executive at 20, working 70 hours a week trying to learn how to sell while carrying 16 credit hours at school. 16 months later I was hired by a customer as the Director of Sales and Marketing for a Technology Company. Here I was 21 years old and in upper management in the Corporate World. I always thought it would take until 30 to make six figures, or longer. Within 12 months I was hired as a National Account Executive for a fortune 50 organization. There were 150 new sales reps hired that year in the organization. I was the youngest by far @ 22, I was the youngest Account Executive in America in a sales force of over 1,000 and one of the only without a college degree (I actually stopped going at 20). Whats the story going to be about???

Success at a young age in an MTV generation is completely mis-defined. Many thought I was living the life. I was, the life of quiet desperation. At the core of my existence I could not have had less purpose or less of a calling on my life. What happened at 25 changed the next 75. It will also change you if you pay attention.

I expect this book to be a 3-5 year project as I want to make sure I am teaching the right lessons through the right stories, some stories I'm sure I haven't lived yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment